Matthews Emerging Asia Fund Reorganization
Important dates and information
Dear Emerging Asia Fund Shareholder,
As you are aware, the Matthews Asia Funds Board of Trustees has approved the Reorganization of Matthews Emerging Asia Fund into the Matthews Asia Small Companies Fund, which is expected to be renamed the Matthews Emerging Markets Small Companies Fund. The following information contains important dates about the Reorganization we wanted to bring to your attention.
- April 7, 2021: A Distribution will be paid to shareholders of record of April 6, 2021; the distribution estimate will be available here by Monday April 5th;
- April 16, 2021: After the close of business, the Matthews Emerging Asia Fund will cease to accept purchases;
- On or about April 28, 2021: Expected to be the last day for redemptions from the Matthews Emerging Asia Fund;
- On or about April 29, 2021: The Reorganization of the Matthews Emerging Asia Fund (MEASX/MIASX) into the Matthews Asia Small Companies Fund (MSMLX/MISMX) is expected to be completed;
- On or about April 30, 2021: The Matthews Asia Small Companies Fund (MSMLX/MISMX) is expected to be renamed as the Matthews Emerging Markets Small Companies Fund (MSMLX/MISMX – same tickers).
There is no requirement of action on your part.
For any further questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1.800.789.ASIA (2742) 9:00 AM -4:30 PM Monday through Friday.