Matthews Asia Privacy Statement
2) Types of Information We May Collect: The personal information that we collect through this website consists primarily of basic content data (e.g. name, country of residence and e-mail addresses) and information about your interest in specific Matthews Asia products or services. We may, from time to time, collect additional personal information (e.g. telephone number, mailing address) about you in the course of welcoming you to Matthews Asia and serving you as our client or through your association with a financial intermediary. Obtaining this information is important to our ability to deliver the highest level of service to you, but we also recognize that you expect us to treat this information appropriately and according to applicable privacy rules and regulations. However, please be advised that you are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request, although choosing not to do so may result in our being unable to open or maintain your account or perform or provide requested services to you.
3) The Purposes for which We Use Your Personal Information: We may use your personal information for the following purposes: 1) to help manage your relationship with Matthews Asia, which may include sharing such information internally as well as disclosing it to certain third parties, for a limited number of reasons as described in point 4 below Disclosure to Third Parties; 2) to contact you or, if applicable, your designated representative(s) by post, telephone, electronic mail, facsimile, or through other means, in connection with your interest in our products or services; 3) to provide you with information on our products and services offered by Matthews Asia; and 4) to help facilitate our internal business operations, including assessing and managing risk and fulfilling our legal and regulatory requirements. Upon the termination of your relationship with Matthews Asia, we will continue to treat any personal information that is retained by us as described herein.
4) Disclosure to Third Parties: Matthews Asia will not disclose your personal information to external parties in exchange for payment. In limited instances, we may find it necessary to share your information with external parties solely to assist us in providing you with information and services necessary to service your account (only to the extent permitted by law) and in such instances, we take the utmost care to protect your information and respect your privacy. We may share your personal information with an external party under the following circumstances: 1) to parties that perform administrative or marketing services on our behalf, such as transfer agents, fund administrators and/or mail facilities; 2) to comply with applicable laws and regulations, for instance, when responding to a subpoena or similar legal process, to protect against fraud and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities or with organizations such as exchanges and clearing houses; 3) to provide support services with respect to your account or help facilitate your transactions with Matthews Asia, including those that provide professional, legal or accounting advice to Matthews Asia. These external parties are permitted to use the information solely to perform the services for which they have been hired and are given strict orders not to use or share this information for any other purpose.
5) Disclosures of Your Personal Information within Matthews Asia: In order to provide efficient and reliable services and to improve product and service options available to you, one or more entity within Matthews Asia may be given, or given access to, your personal information. For example, one Matthews Asia entity might share your information with another in order to facilitate communications with you about your accounts and/or interest in our products or services. When sharing your personal information, we adhere to applicable legal and regulatory standards regarding the protection of personal information and seek to limit the number of Matthews Asia employees with access to your information strictly to those who have a need to know. Additional information on the protection of your personal information held within Matthews Asia is provided in point 6 below, under Personal Data Security: How We Protect Your Privacy.
6) Personal Data Security: How We Protect Your Privacy: Matthews Asia is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining confidentiality of your personal information and devote a significant amount of resources to help ensure that we deliver on our commitment. Measures that have been implemented for this purpose include 1) training all employees on protecting private, confidential information, specific privacy regulations and on cybersecurity; 2) maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with government and industry standards to protect your personal information; 3) limiting access to your personal information to authorized Matthews Asia employees or agents and, as described above in Disclosure to Third Parties, our service providers are held to stringent standards of privacy; 4) maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure; 5) maintaining an Information Security program whose key features are: (i) a dedicated group — the Information Technology Department — that designs, implements and provides oversight of our information security program, (ii) the use of specialized technology such as firewalls; (iii) testing of the security and operability of services before they are introduced on our systems such as ongoing scanning for publicly known vulnerabilities in the technology, (iv) internal and independent third party reviews of our cyber readiness, monitoring of our systems infrastructure to detect weaknesses and potential intrusions, and (v) implementing controls to identify, authenticate and authorize access to various systems or site.
7) Questions/Requests for Information: Should you have any questions about our Policy Statement or would like to submit a request for information under the Policy, please contact us Matthews Asia by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at our toll free number 1-800-990-9142.
8) Individual Rights under CCPA: An individual who is a resident of California in the U.S.A. has the right to know what personal information Matthews Asia has collected, shared and/or sold (if applicable), how it is used, and the right to have such information be deleted upon submission of a written request to Matthews Asia at the e-mail provided herein.
10) Other Privacy Policies or Statements; Changes to Policy: This Policy Statement provides a general overview of the ways in which Matthews Asia protects your personal information. You may, however, in connection with specific jurisdictions and/or products or services offered by Matthews Asia, be provided with other privacy policies or statements that supplement this Policy. This Policy Statement may be amended from time to time to reflect changes in our practices concerning the collection and use of personal information without prior notification. This Policy Statement is effective immediately upon posting to our website.